Chapter N, Alberta, Adds to P.E.O.!
You Add to P.E.O. is a fun initiative within the P.E.O. Sisterhood where chapters are challenged to add two or more active members between March 1, 2022, and July 31, 2023. Chapters that meet this challenge are eligible for special recognition, including being featured on the P.E.O. blog.
Chapter N, Calgary, Alberta, was selected for October! As of October 14, the chapter had added 2 new members since March 1. Read below to learn more about Chapter N, Alberta.
Organization date: January 25, 1986
What does your chapter do together for fun?
With the end of restrictions due to COVID, we have really enjoyed being together to share a meal, go on a walk, have coffee and visit. We will be co-hosting next year's provincial convention and look forward to working together on many different projects.
What has been your most successful fundraiser?
We have had successful silent auctions that feature the talents of our sisters – cooking, artwork, quilted table runners and other seasonal items.
Our recent favourite (before COVID) was a country roast beef dinner held on a sister's farm in rural Alberta. We also have a paint night planned for this fall.
What is your best tip for finding new members?
- Founder Hattie Briggs Born October 10, 1849
- Chapter DZ, Arizona, Adds to P.E.O.!
- The Meaning of Sisterhood
- Founder Suela Penfield Born August 24, 1851
- P.E.O. Finds Success On and Off the Court
- Roots of the P.E.O. Marguerite
- Welcome New Chapters! April-June 2022
- Dress Sculptures Represent Seven Founders
- ELF Recipient Lands a Life-Changing Smithsonian Internship
- Founder Alice Bird Born May 8, 1850