Starting a new P.E.O. chapter is a great way to stay connected to the Sisterhood and give the gift of membership to even more women. You might want to start a new chapter if:
- You live in an area without a chapter nearby.
- You live in a growing area that could easily support a new chapter.
- You do not have a chapter nearby that works with your schedule. For example, your local chapter meets during the day but a night chapter would work better for you.
As you go through the process of organizing a new chapter, your state/provincial/district organizer will guide and support you along the way. She will be your consultant, motivator, resource person and nurturer.
Fill out the form below to express interest. Your state/provincial/district organizer will be notified and will reach out to discuss more about the process and considerations with regard to the possibility of a new chapter in your area. Keep in mind that filling out the form is not a guarantee that permission will be granted to organize a chapter.
Complete the form below if you are interested in starting a P.E.O. chapter.
Here are a few important things to know in advance.
- You have two years to organize a chapter after the consent to organize a new chapter is granted.
- You are required to have at least 15 charter members. Having more than 15 is recommended to ensure you have 15 present on the day of organization.
- During your meetings, you will get to know your charter members better and make plans for the new chapter, like choosing a meeting day, time and format, preparing your chapter bylaws and preparing your chapter budget.
- Your state/provincial/district organizer will guide you step by step and inform you of any additional requirements to organize the chapter.
Organizing a new chapter is the best way to grow the P.E.O. Sisterhood and ensure that we continue to work toward our mission of educating women.
View a map showing P.E.O. chapters that are currently in the process of organizing, as well as locations hoping to organize chapters in the future.