Chapter OF, Lafayette, California, Adds to P.E.O.!
You Add to P.E.O. is a fun initiative within the P.E.O. Sisterhood where chapters are challenged to add two or more active members between March 1, 2022, and July 31, 2023. Chapters that meet this challenge are eligible for special recognition, including being featured on the P.E.O. blog.
Chapter OF, Lafayette, California, was selected for January! As of January 2, the chapter had added 3 new members since March 1. Read below to learn more about Chapter OF, California.
Organization date: February 3, 1953
We meet regularly for group lunches or other outings and include potential members.
Our chapter has always had a strong interest in philanthropies and in supporting the P.E.O. projects. We will soon have the Linda J. Eberline Memorial Scholarship in honor of a beloved member and her career in speech pathology and audiology.
What has been your most successful fundraiser?
Our amazingly creative Ways and Means Committee has organized raffles of members’ quilts, paintings and gift baskets. We also have enjoyed selling jewelry, soup mixes, greeting cards, gift tags, pet gifts and tote bags that prompt conversation with the words “Ask Me About P.E.O.”
What is your best tip for finding new members?
We have an enthusiastic and indomitable Membership Committee chair who regularly uses the list of unaffiliates. We also look for friends and relatives of our members. We have casual social events like backyard coffees for potential members and always follow up with phone calls.
- Chapter LA, Des Moines, Iowa Adds to P.E.O.!
- Chapter N, Alberta, Adds to P.E.O.!
- Founder Hattie Briggs Born October 10, 1849
- Chapter DZ, Arizona, Adds to P.E.O.!
- The Meaning of Sisterhood
- Founder Suela Penfield Born August 24, 1851
- P.E.O. Finds Success On and Off the Court
- Roots of the P.E.O. Marguerite
- Welcome New Chapters! April-June 2022
- Dress Sculptures Represent Seven Founders