Visit the P.E.O. Headquarters
P.E.O.s and their families are most welcome to stop in and tour the offices and the centennial center! This, after all, is your building, so come by and take a look if you are in the Des Moines area. The P.E.O. Executive Office is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Chapters...charter a bus and come on down!
Some groups come to Des Moines to tour the Executive Office, then drive to Mount Pleasant (about 2-1/2 hours south) to see Iowa Wesleyan University and the P.E.O. Memory Rooms, and then go on to visit Cottey College in Nevada, Missouri. It's a wonderful trip and a great way to capture the heritage of P.E.O.
Chapters are welcome to hold meetings in the Centennial Center, too! A local Des Moines chapter offers luncheon catering for groups.
For details, please contact Shelby Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to schedule your meeting and give you more details.
Driving Directions to P.E.O. Headquarters
From Des Moines International Airport
1. Start at 5800 Fleur Drive, Des Moines on Cowles Drive – go 0.3 mi
2. Turn left on Fleur Drive – go 3.4 mi
3. Fleur Drive becomes Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway – go 0.4 mi
4. Turn left on Ingersoll Avenue – go 0.6 mi
5. Turn left on 29th Street – go 0.1 mi
6. Turn right on Grand Avenue – go 0.6 mi
7. Arrive at 3700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, on the left
From I-235 (Eastbound)
1. Take the 42nd Street exit – go 0.3 mi
2. Turn right on 42nd Street – go 0.4 mi
3. Turn left on Grand Avenue – go 0.4 mi
4. Arrive at 3700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, on the right
From I-235 (Westbound)
1. Take the 31st Street exit – go 0.2 mi
2. Turn left on 31st Street – go 0.6 mi
3. Turn right on Grand Avenue – go 0.4 mi
4. Arrive at 3700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, on the left
Copyright © 1999 - 2010 P.E.O. Sisterhood
Parking is available on the south side of the building. There are two special parking spots reserved for visitors.