PCE Eligibility Requirements
A woman is eligible for recommendation by a local chapter if she:
- is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada;
- is enrolled in a certification or degree program;
- is living and studying in the United States or Canada for the entire course of study;
- has had at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student sometime in her adult life;
- is within 24 consecutive months of completing her educational program which, at the conclusion of, will lead to employment or job advancement;
- will complete her program of education within 24 months after the beginning date of the term for which the grant is requested.
A woman is not eligible for grant consideration if she:
- is requesting the grant for use in prerequisite courses needed to secure admission into another program of study;
- is choosing immediate continuation of her education beyond the current program for which the grant is requested;
- is enrolled in a doctoral degree program.
- Information Form – Potential PCE Candidate Seeking Chapter Sponsorship (WORD fill and submit - updated 04/16)
- PCE Policies (PDF - updated 03/18)
- PCE Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (PDF – updated 11/17)
When a chapter identifies a prospective applicant, the chapter’s PCE chairman will arrange an interview to assess eligibility. If the chapter votes to recommend and sponsor the applicant, the chairman oversees the online application process which starts with the Chapter Recommendation Form. The CRF is posted on the PCE page of the member only portion of the P.E.O. International website.
After the CRF has been reviewed by the project supervisor, the applicant will be emailed instructions for setting up her online account along with a deadline for completion of her portion of the application. The PCE Application and Income and Expense Statement must be submitted online no later than 30 calendar days after the applicant has this email. The chapter contact will also be advised of the deadline.
A chapter recommendation must be submitted no less than 10 weeks prior to the start date of the term for which the grant is requested; however, it cannot be accepted more than four months in advance of that date.
The Board of Trustees of the P.E.O Program for Continuing Education will evaluate applications on a nondiscriminatory basis without consideration of race, national origin, religious affiliation, disability or P.E.O. connection with the primary consideration being the applicant’s demonstrated overall need for assistance.
When a grant is approved, the check is mailed to the PCE contact listed on the chapter recommendation form to be presented personally to the recipient.
Endowed and Named Scholars
Endowed PCE Scholarships may be established in honor or memory of an individual or chapter. The funds are held in the P.E.O. Foundation.
A one-time gift of USD $3,000 may be designated as a Named Scholarship in honor or memory of an individual or chapter.